There is a difference in Pakistani, Indian, Bangladeshi and Arabic bridal makeup. So today I am going to talk about the most common style of bridal makeup in Pakistan. And will simplify the eye makeup into 10 steps.
The Paksitani bridal makeup colours are selected according to the colours in the bridal dress. The eye makeup could consist of 3 or more colours but mainly there are:
- The main eyeshadow colour which we will call "X"
- The contrasting contouring eyeshadow colour which we will call "Y"
- The highlight eyeshadow colour which we will call "Z"
- The "Black" eyeshadow to intensify the look.
The eyes are very simple to create if you get the gist of the look. When you fill in your eyebrows, is just up to you but I prefer to fill them before I start applying eye-makeup as they act as a guideline for mapping out the shape of the eyeshadow. The 10 easy step for the eye-makeup are as following:
- Apply the main colour "X" on to the center of the lid. Apply few good layers to get the desired colour payoff.
- Apply contrasting colour "Y" in the crease. The colour could be darker or lighter than "X" but according to the colours present in the dress. Blend well. Leave space under the brow for Highlighter "Z"
- Apply highlighting shade "Z" in the inner corner of the eyes and under the brow. Blend well.
- Apply black eyeshadow on the outer 3rd part of the eye to intensify the outer corner. Take little product at a time. Blend well.
- On lower lashline apply "X" in the inner corner close to the lash line.
- The a little bit of contrasting shade "Y" in the middle of the lower lashline.
- Intensify the outer corner with the black eyeshadow and join lower lash line with upper lash line.
- Apply black khol pencil in water-line.
- Apply gel/cake eyeliner on the upper lash line; creating a fine point in the inner corner and a small flick on the outer corner.
- Apply mascara and thick false lashes.
And you are done with the eye-makeup. Apply your blusher, highlighter, and lipstick and you are ready to go!
This is just the most common style of Pakistani makeup. There might be more sophisticated and more creative looks aswell. It is not compulsory to use only 3-4 colours, once you know what you are doing you can play around with colours and incoorporate more shades.